Some of the fish I’ve caught in 2012. According to my records, I’ve hooked and landed almost 30 species this year, 9 of which are new additions to my lifelist (sauger, longnose gar, mooneye, silver carp, silver redhorse, yellow bullhead, … Continue reading
Here’s a first: A book that doesn’t malign suckers and doesn’t just mention them in passing or as bait but
- has an entire chapter about sucker fishing
- gives suckers pride of place with the first chapter
- recommends fishing for suckers
- recommends eating suckers and says they’re as good as trout
- instructs the reader on proper methods of worm cleaning
There are some slights against suckers, but nothing major and far outweighed by the positives.
Plus, it teaches the proper method of fishing with an unbent sewing needle.
Less important chapters include: Pickerel Trolling in Spring • Bait-fishing for Trout • Fishing for the Sun-fish and other “Boys’ Fishes” • Fly-fishing for Trout and Fly-making • Fly-fishing for Bass, Perch, Sun-fish, etc. • Minnow-fishing for Trout • Bass Fishing with the Minnow, etc. • Fishing through the Ice • Breeding Trout, etc., in Winter