- Blue Suckers for NANFA 2017 Convention in Missouri
- 2016 Roughfish.com June Species Contest
- Iris Catches the Unicorn
- Illinois Native Gar in the Legislature
- Gar Peril! Iowa, 1912
- Halloween Fish Geekery
- Shortnose Gar Bonanza! (includes underwater video)
- Shorthead Redhorse Spawning in Living Color
- State Record Shorthead Redhorse Caviar
- Black Horse, Blue Sucker
- 1917’s Sweet Smell of Spring in Minnesota: 2 Million Pounds of Dead Buffalo & Carp
- Modoc Sucker Delisting: Public Comment Period Extended
- Garz! (In hoc signo…)
- Mapping the Paddlefish (because someone had to do it) [updated Sep. 2016]
- How to fish, with Goofy (Walt Disney, 1942)
- Like native fish? Check out NANFA.
How often do you get to meet a new fishing buddy, discover half a dozen excellent multi-species fishing spots within an hour of home, sample the fish resident in those new locations while learning a bit about handling several different types of seines, learn a bit about photo tanks and fish photography, and see and handle dozens of new fish species, including one that’s listed as endangered in the state?
Not very often.
In April I had one of those days when good planning led to an experience that exceeded the daydreams leading up to it. Continue reading